I have experienced the AMAZING benefits working out on a consistent basis can give you and I feel a strong desire to share some of the ideas and things I have learned with others so they can start getting in their own routine and feel some of the same benefits. Exercise is just one step on the path to better health, which I believe we as a whole are in real need of. Every step counts and you will find as you take one step and begin to feel successful you will find it easier to take more steps.... "not that the nature of the thing has changed but that our power to do has increased." (Ralph Waldo Emerson) I am beginning this blog with this end in mind, to help you take a step; or, if you've taken the step already, to keep on going!

Thursday, July 23, 2015

My Favorite Videos

It's not necessary to buy videos, but I do have some old standbys that I love and would recommend.

Yoga Booty Ballet - Silly name, I know, but for someone just starting out and/or needing something a little easier on the body these are fantastic. These are the ladies that made me fall in love with yoga. They introduce it in small doses. I don't love all of their videos, but the ones I do love include: Complete Body Shaping - GREAT for beginners and anyone who needs to take it easy. Love, love, love this one. You don't need shoes and lets face it, getting ready to workout is half the battle. I even started without any of the equipment they suggested.
Total Toning Basic - I still do this one a lot. It's fantastic. (I even have an extra one I will GIVE you if you want it, just for reading my blog.)
Hip Hop Abs - This one's really fun if you like to dance and I do, so I love it. (I also have an extra one of these to give away.)

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred - She claims it's 20 minutes, but it's 25 and it is a great workout. There are 3 different ones on the DVD and great for someone that really wants to push themselves to do a harder workout.

P90x - I love these videos but they are too long! So only check these out if you have 1 1/2 hours a day to devote to exercise. You might want to find some used, too. Super pricey. He has an updated one that's only 30 minutes I've heard. I would love to try it out.

I hope you have a happy and healthy day!
-Laura

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to start yoga, never done it before! Hearing your recommendations for beginners was great thanks!
    While I'm here and commenting I also wanted to say thanks for doing this blog! You are and inspiration and a heaven sent blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Destiny!! And the videos are yours. You can come pick them up anytime or I can bring them over ;)

    ReplyDelete